Welcome to our guide “The best amusement parks” in France, featuring Disneyland Paris, Parc Astérix, Puy du Fou. France offers a variety of spectacular theme parks, each with its own unique charm and attractions. Whether you’re a roller coaster lover, history buff, or entertainment fan, there’s something extraordinary to discover at these parks.
The best amusement parks: must-see places
The best amusement parks -Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris, located in Marne-la-Vallée, is a magical place that offers an exceptional experience for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re a Disney fan or an amusement lover, this park has it all. You can explore its many themed attractions, watch enchanting shows featuring iconic characters, and much more. Disneyland Paris is a dream place where imagination comes to life.
Address and opening hours of Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Park Hours
- Disneyland Park is open from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., offering you a full day of magic.
- Enjoy your visit even more by participating in “Moments of Extra Magic” from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., a unique experience to explore the park before the official opening.
Walt Disney Studios Park opening hours
- The Walt Disney Studios Park is accessible from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., giving you plenty of hours to enjoy the attractions and shows.
- Don’t miss the “Plus Moments of Magic” from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. for a special experience and memorable memories.
The best amusement parks – Tickets and prices for Disneyland Paris
To make your visit to Disneyland Paris easier, I offer standard entry tickets for one or more days, including skip-the-line tickets to avoid queues. Below you will find information on standard rates.
- 1 day / 1 park ticket: This ticket gives you access to one of the two Disney parks (Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios Park) for one day. Prices vary depending on the season.
- 1 Day/2 Parks Ticket: With this ticket you can explore both Disney parks in one day. It’s ideal for discovering all the attractions. Prices depend on the season.
- 2 or more days ticket: If you plan to spend more than one day at Disneyland Paris, these tickets offer excellent value for money. You can visit both parks at your own pace.
- Skip-the-line ticket: Do you want to maximize your time by avoiding queues? Opt for a skip-the-line ticket to some popular attractions.
- Special offers: Disneyland Paris regularly offers special offers, especially for children, groups and frequent visitors.
How to get to Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris is easily accessible from many major cities in France. Here are some options for getting to the park:
- By metro : From Paris, you can take the metro to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station. The RER A also serves this station, giving you a convenient and economical transportation option.
- By car : If you prefer to travel by car, Disneyland Paris is accessible via the A4 motorway. Signs will guide you to the park. Make sure you have parking for the day (fee) or explore parking options if you’re staying at a Disney hotel.
- By train from Paris : The most convenient way to get to Disneyland Paris from Paris is to take the RER A (suburban train) from Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station, which is located at the entrance to the park . There are regular connections from Gare de Lyon, Gare d’Austerlitz and Gare du Nord.
- By train from other major cities : You can also take a train from major cities like Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, and many others, heading to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station. Make sure to book your tickets in advance on the SNCF website below.
- From Brittany : If you are traveling from Brittany, there are TGV (High Speed Train) connections which will take you to Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy station in a few hours. It’s a quick and convenient way to reach Disneyland Paris.
To book a train to discover Disneyland Paris, use the search bar below!
- From Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport : If you arrive by plane at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport, you can take the Magical Shuttle shuttle service which will drop you off directly at Disneyland Paris. (see below)
Where to stay at Disneyland Paris
The best amusement parks – Attractions and shows at Disneyland Paris
Attractions at Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris offers a wide range of attractions for all ages and tastes. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or prefer more peaceful experiences, there’s something for everyone. Here are some of the most popular attractions:
- Space Mountain: Immerse yourself in the world of space aboard this high-speed roller coaster.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Go on an adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow on this thrilling cruise.
- Phantom Manor: Explore a haunted house in the wild west with awesome special effects.
- It’s a Small World: A gentle ride around the world with singing dolls to entertain the whole family.
- Big Thunder Mountain: Hop aboard this fiery train for an adventure through the American West.
Shows at Disneyland Paris
The shows at Disneyland Paris are just as breathtaking. Don’t miss these enchanting experiences:
- Disney illuminations: The nighttime fireworks show with projections on Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Mickey and the magician: Watch a magic show with Mickey Mouse as the magician.
- The Lion King: rhythms of the pride lands: A breathtaking musical show featuring Simba and his friends.
- Disney stars on parade: A colorful parade featuring your favorite Disney characters.
- Animagique: A puppet and live animation show that will delight young and old.
Whether you’re a fan of thrilling attractions or enchanting shows, Disneyland Paris has everything you need for an unforgettable experience.
The best amusement parks – Astérix park
Immerse yourself in the magical world of Parc Astérix, located in Plailly, in Oise, just 35 kilometers north of Paris. With 42 exceptional attractions, it’s the perfect place for an unforgettable Christmas vacation. Find out what Parc Astérix has to offer and how to maximize your experience.
The attractions of Parc Astérix
The essential for fans of Gaul
Parc Astérix is an amusement park located in Plailly, in Oise, 35 kilometers north of Paris. It is inspired by the world of the Asterix and Obelix comic strips, and offers a multitude of attractions, shows and restaurants for all ages.
Parc Astérix has 38 attractions, including 7 roller coasters and 6 water attractions.
Parc Astérix offers a multitude of attractions for all ages and all levels of thrills. Some of the most popular attractions include:
- Tonnerre 2 Zeus : a thrilling roller coaster of up to 90 km/h which peaks at 30 meters high. 1 km of thrills
- OzIris : a thrilling roller coaster that hurtles down at over 90 km/h at a height of 40 m
- Toutatis : with its 110 km/h and its 51 meters high, Toutatis is the fastest attraction in France
- Trace du Hooray : you will experience one of the highest bobsleighs in the world and the fastest in Europe.
- The Grand Splatch : aquatic circuit of more than 600 m on the heights of Asterix Rock with two falls, one of which is 11 m high.
- Pégase express : The Pégase attraction at Parc Astérix offers you a high-speed journey through Ancient Greece, with a humorous scenography faithful to the world of Asterix and an experience suitable for young and old alike.
- Discobelix : this ride offers a thrilling experience where you whirl in a large disc in the company of the famous Gaul, Obelix, for unforgettable thrills.
Parc Astérix also offers a rich program of shows, which change regularly. Among the most popular shows are:
- Hands on the Mona Lisa : a nighttime show that tells the story of the disappearance of the Mona Lisa from the Louvre.
- The Firebird Show : a pyrotechnic show which takes place in the Panoramix Theater.
- Acrobatic diving competition in the heart of the Poseidon Theater : an aquatic show reinvented without the dolphins.
Where to eat at Parc Astérix?
Restaurant prices at Parc Astérix
Parc Astérix offers a variety of restaurants, which offer dishes inspired by Gallic cuisine and international cuisine. Some of the most popular restaurants include:
Le Relais Gaulois : a restaurant which offers a traditional Gallic menu: raw vegetables, cold meats, hot dishes
- Adult formula: 12 years and over €24.90
- Child formula 3 to 11 years included: €9.40
Le restaurant du lac : A restaurant which offers: wild boar or beef skewers or burgers, fish and chips..
- Adult formula: 12 years and over €29.70
- Child formula 3 to 11 years included: €11.90
Le bistrot Gaulois : A restaurant which offers an all-you-can-eat buffet with a selection of starters, main courses and desserts.
- Adult formula: 12 years and over: €28.90
- Child formula: 3 to 11 years inclusive: €11.90
Required heights for attractions
The best amusement parks – What sizes for the rides at Parc Astérix?
When planning your visit to Parc Astérix, it is essential to know the required sizes for the attractions. Here is a guide to the height requirements for the park’s most popular attractions, to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
- Thunder of Zeus : For this iconic roller coaster, a minimum height of 1.20 meters is required.
- OzIris : The OzIris inverted roller coaster requires a minimum height of 1.30 meters.
- Goudurix : For this thrilling roller coaster, a minimum height of 1.40 meters is required.
- Trace du Hooray : This roller coaster for children requires a minimum height of 1.20 meters.
- The big splatch : For this aquatic attraction, a minimum height of 1 meter is required.
- The Elis River : This water boat attraction is accessible to everyone
Safety measures are strictly enforced, and park staff members check visitor heights upon entering each attraction to ensure a safe experience.
Not the required size? Do not panic!
Your children are not of the required height for certain attractions? No problem ! Parc Astérix offers a multitude of attractions suitable for small people.
Here are some examples :
- La Forêt d’Idéfix : an indoor play area for children aged 2 to 12.
- The Wizards’ Path : a little train that goes around the park.
- The flight of Icarus
- The Grand Splatch : an aquatic attraction accessible from 1 meter.
- The Rivière d’Elis : a water boat attraction accessible from 1 meter.
- The Lernaean Hydra
- Romus and Rapidus
Practical information – Getting to Parc Astérix?
The best amusement parks
Parc Astérix is easily accessible from many major cities in France. Here are some options for getting to the park:
- By car : the park is located 35 kilometers north of Paris, on the A1 motorway. The direct Parc Astérix exit is located between exits 7 and 8.
- By train : shuttles leave from the Louvre Museum and Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle airport to bring the Gauls back to the Park.
- By bus : shuttles depart from several major cities in France, including Paris, Lille, Lyon and Marseille.
- Opening hours : the park is open every day of the year, except December 25. Opening hours vary depending on the season.
- Show times : show times are available on the park website.
- Parc Astérix offers a variety of attractions, shows and restaurants for all ages.
- The park is inspired by the world of the Asterix and Obelix comic strips.
- Parc Astérix is an unmissable destination for families and groups of friends.
- Buy your tickets in advance to benefit from preferential rates and avoid queues.
- Download the park’s mobile app for schedules for attractions, shows and restaurants.
- Plan your visit in advance so you don’t miss anything.
- Come early in the morning to enjoy the attractions before the lines get too long.
- Book your tickets online now on our website
To book a train to discover Parc Astérix, use the search bar below!
Hotels outside Parc Astérix
The best amusement parks – Which hotels are close to Parc Astérix?
There are several hotels near Parc Astérix, offering a range of accommodation options for visitors. Several hotels near Parc Astérix. Options abound. Use our reservation card to choose the best.
How to get from Paris to Parc Astérix?
Parc Astérix is located 35 kilometers north of Paris, on the A1 motorway. The direct Parc Astérix exit is located between exits 7 and 8.
To get from Paris to Parc Astérix, you have several transport options. Here’s how to get there, with the option of adding a private transfer for worry-free travel:
- By Car: The easiest way to get to Parc Astérix from Paris is to drive. The park is located approximately 35 kilometers north of Paris, near the town of Plailly, and is accessible by car via the A1 motorway (Paris-Lille). Take exit 7 or 8 of the A1 motorway to go directly to the park. The drive takes approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic.
- By Shuttle: Parc Astérix offers shuttles from the Louvre Museum in Paris. These shuttles take you directly to the park and allow you to avoid driving. They run every day of the year, except December 25.
Here are some advantages of taking the shuttle to Parc Astérix:
- This is the easiest and quickest way to get to the park.
- The shuttle drops you off directly at the park entrance.
- The shuttle is comfortable and air-conditioned.
Puy du Fou:
The Best Amusement Parks – A One-of-a-Kind Theme Park
Puy du Fou is a theme park located in Vendée, 15 kilometers from the town of Cholet. It is known for its grandiose shows, historical reenactments and immersive attractions.
Puy du Fou is divided into 5 thematic areas, each dedicated to a historical period or a particular theme:
- La cinéscénie : a 2.5-hour nighttime show, which traces the history of the Vendée.
- The big park : the theme park itself, with attractions, shows and historical reenactments.
- Le puy du fou españa : a park located in Spain, which traces the history of Spain.
- Les Epesses : a medieval village, which offers shows and activities.
- Le puy du fou village : a hotel village, which offers activities and services to visitors.
Puy du Fou is known for its grandiose shows, which are performed several times a day. The shows are often accompanied by special effects and pyrotechnics.
Among the most popular shows are:
- The sign of triumph : a show which traces the history of Roman Gaul.
- The Secret of the Lance : a show that tells the story of Joan of Arc.
- The ball of ghost birds : a show which features birds in a magical setting.
- Fire organs : a pyrotechnic show that takes place on a lake.
Puy du Fou attractions
Puy du Fou offers a variety of attractions, which are suitable for all ages.
Some of the most popular attractions include:
- La Cinéscénie : The largest night show in the world, an immersive historical epic.
- The Mime and the Star : A virtuoso mime and a dazzling singer transport you into a magical world.
- La Frairie de la Toussaint : A traditional Vendée festival, with shows and activities for the whole family.
- The Sign of Triumph : A show of gladiators and acrobats, in an immense Gallo-Roman circus.
- Le Dernier Panache : A French naval officer fights for the freedom of his country, in an epic spectacle.
- The Knights of the Round Table : Illusions and spectacular special effects, in a fantastic universe inspired by the legend of King Arthur.
- Les Automates Musiciens : A musical carousel, with automatons that come alive to the sound of music.
- The Grand Carillon : A musical and aerial show, with bells and acrobats.
- Les Grandes Eaux : A pyrotechnic and aquatic show, on the theme of Versailles.
Puy du Fou attractions
Here are some additional details:
- La Cinéscénie : The show lasts 90 minutes. 2 times per evening.
- The Mime and the Star : The show lasts 25 minutes. 2 times per day.
- La Frairie de la Toussaint : the show lasts 45 minutes. It is presented several times a day.
- The Sign of Triumph : The show lasts 35 minutes. It is played several times a day.
- Le Dernier Panache : The show lasts 30 minutes and is presented several times a day.
- The Knights of the Round Table : The show lasts 17 minutes and is presented several times a day.
- Les Automates Musiciens : The show lasts 10 minutes and is presented several times a day.
- Le Grand Carillon : The show lasts 10 minutes and is presented several times a day.
- Les Grandes Eaux : The show lasts 20 minutes and is presented several times a day.
Puy du Fou Hotels – The best amusement parks
Puy du Fou is a unique theme park, which offers an immersive and unforgettable experience. It is therefore important to choose a hotel that lives up to the experience.
Puy du Fou offers a range of hotels on site, all of which are themed around the history of France. These hotels offer direct access to the park and its shows and attractions.
- The Cinéscénie hotels : these hotels are located in the heart of the park, near the Cinéscénie, the nighttime spectacle of Puy du Fou.
- Grand Parc Hotels : These hotels are located inside the Grand Parc, the theme park itself. They offer direct access to the park’s shows and attractions.
- Puy du Fou village hotels : these hotels are located near Puy du Fou Village, the medieval village of the park. They offer direct access to the park’s shows and attractions.
Hotels near Puy du Fou Park
There are also many hotels near Puy du Fou which offer good value for money. Located a few miles from the park, they offer free shuttles to the park.
- Hotels in Cholet : Cholet is the closest town to Puy du Fou. It is home to numerous hotels, restaurants and shops.
The best amusement parks – Hotels outside the Puy du fou park
Are you looking for a hotel near Puy du Fou? Type “villages near Puy du Fou” into the search bar to find the best villages located within a 10-minute drive of the park.
Here are 5 villages located less than 10 km from Puy du Fou where there are hotels:
- Les Epesses : The village where Puy du Fou is located. It is home to numerous hotels, restaurants and shops.
- Saint-Laurent-sur-Sèvre : A village located about 5 kilometers from Puy du Fou. It is home to several hotels, including a 4-star hotel.
- Chauvigny : A small town located about 7 kilometers from Puy du Fou. It is home to several hotels, including a 3-star hotel.
- Chanverrie : A village located approximately 8 kilometers from Puy du Fou. It houses several hotels, including a 2-star hotel.
- Les Herbiers : A town located about 10 kilometers from Puy du Fou. It is home to several hotels, including a 4-star hotel.
These villages offer good value for money, and they are located close to Puy du Fou. So they are a good option for you if you are looking for a hotel near the park!
Getting to Puy du Fou?
The best amusement parks – Practical information for getting to the Puy du Fou park:
Located in Vendée, 15 kilometers from the town of Cholet. It is easily accessible from many major cities in France.
Some options for getting to the park:
- By car : the park is located 3 hours drive from Paris, 2 hours drive from Nantes and 1 hour drive from La Rochelle.
- By train : shuttles leave from Angers TGV station to reach the park. The train journey takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- By bus : shuttles depart from several major cities in France, including Paris, Lille, Lyon and Marseille. The bus journey takes approximately 2 hours.
- By plane : the closest airport is Nantes-Atlantique airport, approximately 1 hour’s drive from the park.
Here are the steps to follow to get to Puy du Fou by car:
- Take the A11 motorway towards Nantes.
- Exit at exit 32, direction Le Puy du Fou.
- Follow the signs for “Puy du Fou”.
- The park is on your right.
Use the search bar below to book a car to explore Puy du Fou.
To get to Puy du Fou by train:
- Take the train to Angers TGV station.
- Take the shuttle to Puy du Fou.
- The shuttle will drop you off at the park entrance.
To book a train to discover Puy du Fou, use the search bar below!
Getting to Puy du Fou by bus:
- Meet at the shuttle departure point.
- Buy your bus ticket.
- Get on the shuttle.
- The shuttle will drop you off at the park entrance.
To get to Puy du Fou by plane:
- Take a flight to Nantes-Atlantique airport.
- Rent a car or take a taxi to get to Puy du Fou.
- The car journey takes approximately 1 hour.
MTT wishes you a wonderful visit to France and its amusement parks!