Welcome to Mon Tatane Tour, your guide to “Las Vegas travel guide”. This iconic American city seduces with its electric atmosphere, dazzling lights and unique experiences. In the sections to follow, discover the must-sees of Las Vegas, from the famous casinos on the Strip to world-class shows.
Put on your Tatanes and let’s explore this fascinating metropolis that never ceases to surprise.
Las Vegas travel guide: must-see places
Las Vegas travel guide – The Bellagio
Welcome to Bellagio, one of Las Vegas’ glittering gems located on the legendary Strip!
The Bellagio is much more than just a hotel-casino. It’s a world apart, an experience in itself. As you enter, you will be greeted by a breathtaking water spectacle: the famous Bellagio Fountains . Having visited Dubai I don’t know which fountains to choose as the shows are absolutely magnificent, Dubai foutains or the Bellagio fountains?
Inside, you will discover sumptuous decor inspired by the villas of Lake Como in Italy. Luxury and refinement are everywhere. Their botanical garden is a pure marvel, changing face with the seasons. It’s a haven of peace amidst the hustle and bustle of the Strip.
Of course, the Bellagio is also known for its elegant casino, its Michelin-starred restaurants, and its famous Cirque du Soleil “O” show. Art is also in the spotlight here, with an art gallery displaying renowned masterpieces.
If you’re looking for a place to stay, you can book a room with breathtaking views of the Strip or the fountains. A unique experience for memorable memories.
The Bellagio is chic and charm in its purest form. It’s a must-see in Las Vegas, a gem to discover during your visit to the city that never sleeps.
Las Vegas travel guide – Paris Las Vegas
Welcome to Paris Las Vegas, an incredible reproduction of the City of Lights in the middle of the Nevada desert. An unforgettable getaway in the heart of Las Vegas, which perfectly recreates the romantic atmosphere of Paris .
Paris Las Vegas immerses you in an authentic Parisian atmosphere with its cobblestone streets, elegant lampposts, and of course, its striking replica of the Eiffel Tower, which majestically dominates the Strip.
When you walk through the doors of this hotel-casino, the French atmosphere envelops you. You find yourself at the foot of the Arc de Triomphe, stroll through the paths of the Jardin des Tuileries and admire works of art from the Louvre.
The Eiffel Tower restaurant, perched at the top of the tower, offers a breathtaking panoramic view of the Strip. There you can enjoy delicious French cuisine while admiring the Las Vegas cityscape. At night, the Eiffel Tower lights up and sparkles, creating a magical atmosphere.
For an exceptional shopping experience, explore Le Boulevard, an interior street full of boutiques and cafes, recreating the atmosphere of Parisian neighborhoods.
Paris Las Vegas also offers entertainment, including the “Jersey Boys” show and the famous “Crazy Horse Paris” cabaret. »
Las Vegas travel guide – Aria resort & casino
The Aria Resort & Casino, a luxury destination on the Las Vegas Strip. Get ready for an unforgettable experience of play and sophistication.
The Aria combines architectural modernism with contemporary artwork, creating a captivating atmosphere. Its casino, one of the largest and elegant in the city, offers a variety of games, from slot machines to blackjack and poker tables, suitable for all levels of players.
Foodies will find what they’re looking for in Aria’s 16 restaurants, offering a diverse range of cuisines, from Italian to Asian fusion, and from seafood to international cuisine. Epicureans will delight in the renowned culinary creations.
Aria’s spa is a haven of relaxation offering massages, facials and relaxing rituals. The resort also offers world-class shows, such as Cirque du Soleil’s “Zarkana,” dazzling audiences with its acrobatics and lavish costumes.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Planet Hollywood resort
The Planet Hollywood Resort, formerly the Aladdin, in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, offers a unique experience. There you will find a large casino offering a variety of games, from poker to slot machines. Shopping lovers will enjoy the Miracle Mile Shops, a shopping center with more than 170 shops, restaurants and entertainment. The culinary options are also varied, from the Spice Market buffet to the Koi restaurant specializing in Japanese cuisine.
If you’re looking for a nighttime experience, PH Shiver offers cocktails in an icy setting. For music lovers, don’t miss superstar Jennifer Lopez’s breathtaking shows at the Zappos Theater. In short, Planet Hollywood Resort is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the glamor and excitement of Las Vegas. Enjoy everything this city has to offer, from gaming to entertainment, all in a Hollywood setting.
Las Vegas travel guide – Caesar palace
Caesar’s Palace, located on the legendary Las Vegas Strip, is a palace of gaming and entertainment. With its vast casino, high-end shopping, sumptuous swimming pools, renowned restaurants, and epic shows, this establishment is synonymous with grandeur. Rooms and suites offer luxurious comfort, while Forum Shops offers an unrivaled shopping experience. For gourmet dining, head to Gordon Ramsay Hell’s Kitchen Restaurant or Mr. Chow Restaurant. The entertainment lives up to the hotel’s prestige, with world-famous acts from the likes of Celine Dion and Elton John.
If you’re looking for exciting nightlife, OMNIA, one of the hottest nightclubs in Las Vegas, awaits. By staying at Caesar’s Palace, you are guaranteed an unforgettable experience. Enjoy the sumptuousness of this resort, whether playing, dining, relaxing or entertaining. Las Vegas never sleeps, and Caesar’s Palace is in the heart of the action.
Las Vegas travel guide – The MGM grand
The MGM Grand, ideally located on the legendary Las Vegas Strip, is an entertainment lover’s dream destination. It offers a wide selection of accommodation options with thousands of rooms. In addition, it offers renowned restaurants, a dynamic casino, and a multitude of captivating shows. At the MGM Grand, you can enjoy exceptional performances, such as the famous KÀ show by Cirque du Soleil. You can also explore a variety of bars and nightclubs to fully experience the Vegas nightlife.
You can relax with its magnificent swimming pools, a world-class spa, and even a lazy river for laid-back days. When it comes to dining, you’ll be spoiled for choice, whether you want to enjoy steak at Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak or Asian dishes at Shibuya. In addition, the service is simply impeccable.
For gaming enthusiasts, the MGM Grand Casino is a true gaming mecca. It offers an impressive range of games to satisfy all tastes, from table games to slot machines to sports betting.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Venetian
If you’re looking for a truly unique experience in Las Vegas, look no further than the Venetian. This hotel and casino transports you to a world of Italian luxury in the heart of the Strip. It is known for its faithfulness to authentic Venice, with canals, gondolas and a stunning replica of St. Mark’s Square.
The casino offers a variety of games of chance, from slot machines to poker tables, while the Grand Canal Shoppes mall is a paradise for luxury shopping enthusiasts. The Venetian’s restaurants serve cuisine from around the world, from classic Italian delights to refined French dishes. For night owls, TAO Nightclub offers an unforgettable nightlife experience.
The Venetian is also renowned for its live entertainment, with shows and concerts featuring some of the world’s most renowned artists. The overall Venetian experience is a true immersion in luxury and elegance, providing a memorable Las Vegas getaway.
Treasure Island, located on the legendary Las Vegas Strip, promises you a memorable experience. Its expansive casino offers a variety of games from slot machines to lively poker tables. Shopping enthusiasts will be delighted by The Shops at TI, the luxury shopping center full of boutiques and souvenir shops.
To satisfy your taste buds, Treasure Island offers a range of tempting options, from an all-you-can-eat buffet to the famous Phil’s Italian Steak House. Entertainment takes center stage, with the famous Cirque du Soleil Mystère show sure to dazzle you. The casino also offers options such as keno, a sportsbook, and much more.
Treasure Island also has swimming pools surrounded by palm trees for relaxing moments. The rooms are elegantly decorated, offering unparalleled comfort for a pleasant stay. By choosing Treasure Island, you choose an exciting experience in the heart of Las Vegas.
The Mirage, an iconic destination on the Las Vegas Strip, promises an unforgettable experience. This resort offers a variety of entertainment, gambling, dining, and more. During your stay, you can relax in spacious and elegant rooms that offer breathtaking views of the mountains and the Strip.
At Mirage, gaming is king with a variety of slot machines, blackjack tables, poker, craps and many other games. Check out the property’s fine dining restaurants, including Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak, Japanese Shin Liminé, and Osteria Costa for a premier dining experience.
The Mirage’s star sight is the artificial volcano erupting in the evening, a must-see experience. Plus, the Love Theater hosts a Beatles-inspired show, perfect for music lovers. Relax in the resort’s pools and hot tubs.
The Mirage creates a tropical atmosphere thanks to its secret garden, a true oasis in the middle of the desert. Enjoy nearby attractions like Red Rock Canyon National Park during your stay.
The Excalibur, a legendary castle on the famous Las Vegas Strip, is a must-see destination for a medieval adventure. With its architecture reminiscent of fairy tales, the Excalibur offers a one-of-a-kind experience.
The Excalibur’s spacious and comfortable rooms offer excellent value for money. You will have the opportunity to choose from different categories of rooms to meet your needs. From some rooms you can enjoy panoramic views of the Strip.
The Excalibur Casino is a great place to try your luck, with a range of slots, table games and poker. The resort’s restaurants offer a range of culinary choices, from affordable buffet to fine Italian cuisine.
Tournament, an epic medieval spectacle featuring swordfights, jousting and magic. It offers an immersive experience for the whole family.
Plus, the Excalibur is conveniently located near other famous casinos, shows, shopping and restaurants on the Strip. The hotel also offers a swimming pool with a water slide to cool off on hot sunny days.
New York New York
The New York-New York is a hotel-casino located on the Las Vegas Strip. This establishment offers an immersion in the atmosphere of New York. You can choose from a variety of room types, from standard rooms to luxury suites, offering views of the Strip or the New York cityscape.
The casino offers a wide variety of games, from slot machines to table games. For thrill-seekers, The Big Apple Coaster & Arcade theme park offers a roller coaster that runs across the Strip.
The New York-New York also offers numerous restaurants, bars, shops, shows and live entertainment. With its unique theme, central location and lively atmosphere, it’s the perfect choice for those looking for a New York experience in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Luxor
The Luxor is an icon of the Las Vegas Strip. Its architecture in the shape of an Egyptian pyramid and its powerful beam of light make it an emblematic place. Rooms and suites offer panoramic views of the Strip or the mountains.
The Luxor offers various restaurants, live entertainment, comedy shows, attractions, bars and clubs for lively evenings. The casino offers slot machines and table games.
Located in the heart of the Strip, the Luxor provides easy access to other MGM Grand Resort properties, offering a multitude of entertainment and dining options. Enjoy the pool, nightlife and explore the city’s iconic sites from this legendary pyramid.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Flamingo
The Flamingo is a hotel-casino located on the Las Vegas Strip. With its iconic pink facade, it is one of the city’s oldest and most famous establishments. It offers a variety of rooms, suites and bungalows, each with its own charm.
The Flamingo is famous for its wildlife garden, which is home to real flamingos, penguins and other exotic birds. The outdoor pools are a great place to relax and soak up the Las Vegas sun.
Flamingo’s restaurants offer a range of cuisines, from steakhouse to seafood to buffets. There are also live shows, nightclubs and a casino with a variety of games.
Located in the heart of the Strip, the Flamingo is a convenient location for exploring other Las Vegas casinos, restaurants and attractions. Its retro feel adds to its charm, making it a favorite among visitors and me.
Las Vegas travel guide – Mandalay Bay
Mandalay Bay is a luxury resort on the Las Vegas Strip. It offers a seaside experience in the middle of the desert. It has more than 3,200 elegant rooms and suites. Rooms offer stunning views of the Strip or surrounding mountains. The main attraction of the property is its artificial beach and wave pool.
It offers a variety of culinary options, from casual restaurants to fine-dining establishments, as well as lively bars and nightclubs. Mandalay Bay is home to an expansive casino, aquarium, golf course, renowned spa, convention center and space for live entertainment. The Las Vegas House of Blues, located within the hotel, offers a multitude of live music performances.
With its exotic and relaxing atmosphere, Mandalay Bay is a popular choice for visitors to Las Vegas. So they can combine the excitement of the city with a tropical seaside getaway.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Winn
The Wynn Las Vegas is a prestigious hotel-casino. It is located on the Las Vegas Strip. It is known for its luxury, elegant design and world-class services. The Wynn offers an exceptional gaming experience. It offers Michelin-starred restaurants, designer boutiques, stunning swimming pools and world-class shows.
The Wynn’s rooms and suites offer absolute comfort. They feature sumptuous decoration and panoramic views. The hotel offers a championship golf course, a world-class spa and elegant meeting spaces.
The Wynn is committed to sustainable development. It offers an innovative approach to entertainment. Guests can enjoy internationally renowned shows, such as “Le Rêve” and “Aces of Comedy”. For an exceptional Las Vegas experience, the Wynn Las Vegas is a top choice.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Stratosphere
The Stratosphere is a Las Vegas landmark, famous for its iconic tower that rises above the Strip. The Stratosphere hotel and casino offers a one-of-a-kind experience. Located at the northern end of the Strip, the tower is home to sensational attractions, restaurants, bars and a casino.
The main attraction of the Stratosphere is undoubtedly its extreme rides perched at the top of the tower. Among the most famous attractions is the Big Shot, a ride that literally propels you skyward, as well as the SkyJump, a controlled free fall from the tower. For thrill-seekers, this is a must-see.
The top of the tower also offers stunning views of Las Vegas, making it a great place to watch the sunset or enjoy a romantic dinner. The Stratosphere’s revolving restaurants offer an exceptional dining experience with panoramic views.
Stratosphere Casino offers a variety of gambling games, from slot machines to poker tables. It is also an entertainment venue with regular shows and concerts.
The Stratosphere is a versatile place where you can enjoy exciting experiences or simply enjoy the spectacular view.
Las Vegas travel guide – Circus Circus
Located on the Strip, it is famous for its family atmosphere, indoor amusement park, free circus shows and large casino.
The Adventure Dome amusement park, located inside Circus Circus, is a top attraction for families. It is an indoor amusement park that offers a wide variety of rides, roller coasters, games and shows to entertain visitors of all ages.
In addition to the amusement park, Circus Circus offers free circus shows at Carnival Midway. There you can see acrobats, clowns and other talented circus performers. It’s great entertainment for the whole family.
Circus Circus Casino offers a full range of gambling games, from slot machines to poker tables. It also has several restaurants, bars and shops for visitors.
Circus Circus is a popular choice for families visiting Las Vegas because of its fun and entertaining atmosphere. However, it also welcomes travelers from all walks of life with its varied accommodation options, from standard rooms to luxury suites.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Golden Nugget
Located in historic Las Vegas, the Golden Nugget is a casino hotel that offers a classic Sin City gaming experience. This establishment is famous for its retro charm and atmosphere reminiscent of early Las Vegas.
The Golden Nugget has an extensive casino offering a full range of gambling games, from slot machines to blackjack and poker tables. The casino is located in a large, spacious lobby adorned with elegant chandeliers and gold decorations that evoke the golden age of Las Vegas.
One of the Golden Nugget’s most iconic features is its swimming pool, nicknamed “The Tank.” This pool is one of a kind because it is surrounded by a tank containing sharks. You will be able to swim alongside these magnificent creatures, making it a memorable experience.
The Golden Nugget also offers a variety of restaurants, bars and entertainment venues to complement your stay. Whether you’re looking to play, relax poolside, or enjoy a lively evening, the Golden Nugget has everything you need.
If you’re looking for a classic gaming experience with a touch of vintage glamour, the Golden Nugget is the place to be in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas travel guide – The Golden Gate Casino
The Golden Gate Casino is a historic establishment in the heart of the Fremont Street district of Las Vegas. Founded in 1906, it is the oldest casino in the city. Despite its long history, Golden Gate offers a modern and entertaining gaming experience.
When you enter the casino, you are immediately struck by its retro vibe and vintage charm. There’s a touch of history everywhere, from old posters to classic chandeliers. However, the casino is equipped with the latest slot machines and table games, offering a variety of choices for gambling enthusiasts.
Golden Gate is also famous for its restaurant, Du-Par’s Restaurant and Bakery, which offers delicious homemade dishes and pastries. This is a great place to grab a meal or snack between games.
Golden Gate’s location is another plus, as it’s close to many Fremont Street attractions, including the famous giant LED ceiling screen, which offers nightly light and sound shows.
In summary, if you are looking for a gaming experience that combines history and modernity, Golden Gate Casino is an excellent choice. Its nostalgic ambiance, variety of games and proximity to the entertainment of Fremont Street make it a unique gaming destination in Las Vegas.
Visiting the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas
How to get from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon by car?
Visiting the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas is an exceptional experience that I had the chance to live. During my trip, I opted for an organized excursion which turned out to be a convenient and memorable option.
Organized tour to the Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon tour from Las Vegas is an ideal option for those who want to enjoy a hassle-free experience. I left you the link in the activities to do (below). The round trip to the Grand Canyon was by comfortable bus, and a knowledgeable guide provided us with fascinating information about the area along the way. Arriving at the Grand Canyon, we were able to explore the spectacular viewpoints, have lunch with stunning views, and even take a helicopter ride above the canyon. It was an unforgettable day.
Getting there by car from Las Vegas:
For those who prefer to explore the Grand Canyon independently, the best option is to get there by car. The Grand Canyon is located about a 4-hour drive from Las Vegas, Arizona, and the drive offers some stunning scenery. I recommend leaving early in the morning to avoid the afternoon heat.
To get to the Grand Canyon by car, take Route 93 south from Las Vegas. Then, follow the signs to the Grand Canyon, and you will arrive at the national park. Make sure you have fuel , water and food, as options are limited once you are in the park .
Whether you choose an organized tour or drive there, the Grand Canyon is a natural wonder not to be missed during your visit to Las Vegas. The view of this masterpiece of nature is breathtaking, and you will keep lasting memories.
Where to stay in Las Vegas?
Discover the must-see neighborhoods
In Las Vegas, there are a multitude of neighborhoods, each with their own unique vibe and characteristics. To help you choose the best place for your stay, we have listed six must-see neighborhoods.
The strip: the epicenter of the action
The Strip is Las Vegas’ most iconic area, home to most of the major hotel-casinos, world-famous shows, and vibrant nightlife. It offers an unparalleled gaming and entertainment experience.
Downtown Las Vegas: the vintage soul of the city
Downtown Las Vegas, also known as Fremont Street, is the city’s historic district. It is famous for its retro neon signs, classic casinos, and vintage ambiance.
Summerlin: suburban comfort
If you prefer to stay in a quiet residential area, Summerlin is a great choice. It offers quality housing, parks, golf courses, and easy access to Red Rock Canyon.
Henderson: modern suburban life
Henderson is a vibrant suburb of Las Vegas, offering a variety of restaurants, shopping centers, and parks. It’s a great choice for families and travelers looking for peace and quiet.
Chinatown: flavors and entertainment
The Chinatown district is ideal for fans of Asian cuisine. Here you will find a wide variety of Asian restaurants, boutiques and shopping centers.
Arts district: culture and creativity
The Arts District is a favorite spot for art and culture lovers. It is home to galleries, artist studios, trendy restaurants and unique boutiques.
Each of these neighborhoods offers a different Las Vegas experience. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the neighborhood that best meets your expectations for an unforgettable stay in the game city.
The best things to do in Las Vegas
For all the activities in Las Vegas that I have listed for you, I share my opinion on the most exceptional ones. My opinion may be subjective, given that I am a tourist myself (just like you), but I also solicited the opinions of a few friends who contributed with their valuable comments. You’ll see ratings assigned, representing the minimum level of quality you can expect from each experience.
I put this symbol 👁 for you when it’s an activity to see 👁👁 when you can’t miss it and 👁👁👁 to see at least once in your life because it’s paradise!
Getting around Las Vegas: your complete guide
Visit Las Vegas – Means of transportation in Las Vegas
When visiting Las Vegas, knowing how to get around this exciting city is essential. Here’s a comprehensive guide to the transportation options available in Las Vegas to help you plan your stay and make the most of your travels.
On foot: explore the strip at your own pace
The Las Vegas Strip is a major tourist destination, and many of its attractions, hotels and casinos are within walking distance. Walking along the Strip will allow you to experience the city’s unique ambiance and admire the iconic neon signs.
Free shuttles: travel the strip in comfort
Many casino hotels offer free shuttles to get you around the Strip. It’s a convenient way to visit different parts of Las Vegas without having to walk long distances.
Monorail: fast and economical transport
The Las Vegas Monorail is a great way to get around the Strip while avoiding traffic. It serves several major hotel-casinos and allows you to get around quickly.
Bus: discover the city in depth
RTC Transit offers an extensive bus network in Las Vegas, covering the entire city. It’s an affordable way to travel to different areas of Las Vegas, including Downtown and the suburbs.
Trams: access to major hotel-casinos
Some large Las Vegas resorts offer trolleys that connect their neighboring properties, making it easy to visit multiple hotel-casinos in as little time as possible
Rental car: explore the surroundings
If you want to explore the Las Vegas area, consider renting a car. This will allow you to visit attractions like Red Rock Canyon National Park or Hoover Dam at your own pace.
Taxi and VTC: comfort and speed
Taxis and ride-hailing services are widely available in Las Vegas. They are convenient for door-to-door travel, especially when carrying luggage.
Cycling: explore the cycle paths
Las Vegas offers a bike share system called “RTC Bike Share.” It’s a fun option for exploring the city, especially Downtown and more residential neighborhoods.
Electric scooters: a fun option
Shared electric scooters are popular in Las Vegas. They are ideal for short distances and give you a fun way to get around.
Helicopter: explore from above
For a truly unique experience, consider a helicopter flight over Las Vegas, offering breathtaking views of the illuminated city.
With these different transportation options, you can easily explore Las Vegas and its surroundings, whether to visit the casinos of the Strip, discover the historical heritage of downtown, or enjoy the spectacular natural parks of the region.
The casinos of Las Vegas “Sin city”
Las Vegas slot machines by the numbers
Las Vegas is all about excess, and it starts as soon as you arrive at the airport. Slot machines are everywhere, creating a mind-blowing atmosphere.
Play at the casino in Las Vegas
- The age limit for all games and alcohol consumption is 21 years old.
- Avoid bringing your credit card, as casinos are designed to take up your time. There are no clocks or windows.
- Set a budget and stick to it.
- The use of telephones is prohibited at the gaming tables.
- Drinks are free at casinos, so don’t forget to tip.
- There are many other activities in Las Vegas besides the casinos, so don’t spend all your money.
- Avoid automatic teller machines (ATM) due to high fees, favor the use of cash.
- For high rollers, it is possible to make a transfer to your hotel casino if you plan to play more than $2000.
Las Vegas slot machines by the numbers
- Number of slot machines: more than 160,000 in the city’s different casinos.
- Table Games: More than 4,100 table games in Las Vegas, offering a variety of games like blackjack, roulette, craps and baccarat.
- Revenue: In 2019, Las Vegas casinos generated more than $6.58 billion in revenue.
- Highest Wins: In 2003, a player won over $39 million playing a Megabucks slot. In 2014, another player won over $10 million playing baccarat.
- Profits over the last 5 years: Las Vegas casino profits fluctuated from $1.2 billion in 2016 to $859 million in 2018, but rose again to $1.3 billion in 2019.
Table games in Las Vegas
For beginners, here are some of the most popular table games in Las Vegas:
- Pai gow
The most beautiful casinos in Las Vegas
After having tested many casinos in Las Vegas, here is a list of the most beautiful and impressive casinos in the city:
- Bellagio : famous for its high-end poker tables and 2,300 slot machines, the Bellagio is a must. It is located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, offering views of Lake Bellagio and its fountains.
- Paris Las Vegas : inspired by the City of Lights, this casino offers a wide variety of table games and more than 1,700 slot machines. It offers views of the Eiffel Tower and other Parisian monuments.
- Caesars palace : It offers a wide variety of table games and over 1,400 slot machines. There you can enjoy a unique gaming experience combining Roman history and the excitement of gaming.
- MGM Grand : One of the largest casinos in Las Vegas with over 2,500 slot machines and a variety of table games. It is located on the Las Vegas Strip.
- The Mirage : Famous for its island paradise-inspired architecture, this casino offers a wide variety of table games and more than 1,500 slot machines. It offers a unique gaming experience combining the exoticism of the island and the excitement of the game.
- Wynn : Offering over 1,500 slot machines and a wide variety of table games, the Wynn is an ideal choice for a premium gaming experience in Las Vegas. Located on the Strip, it offers an elegant and sophisticated ambiance.
- The Venetian : Inspired by Venice, this casino offers over 2,400 slot machines and a wide variety of table games. It offers a view of the beauty of Venice.
Formalities for going to Las Vegas: what you need to know
When planning to travel from Europe or Canada to Las Vegas, it is important to know the necessary formalities for a hassle-free trip. Here’s what you need to know for European and Canadian travelers:
- Valid passport : Make sure your passport is valid for the duration of your stay in the United States. The validity period must exceed the date of your return.
- Visa waiver : Nationals of most European countries benefit from the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), which means you can travel to the United States for a tourist stay of less than 90 days without a visa. However, you must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ESTA) before you travel.
- ESTA : ESTA is an online form that you must complete before your trip. It is recommended to do this at least 72 hours before your departure. The ESTA is generally valid for multiple trips for two years.
- Travel insurance : It is advisable to take out travel insurance to cover possible medical expenses or trip cancellation.
- Valid passport : As with European travelers, make sure your passport is valid for the duration of your stay.
- Tourist visa : Canadians do not need a visa for a tourist trip to the United States, but they must complete a visa waiver form (I-94) upon arrival.
- Online pre-registration : It is recommended to complete Form I-94 online at least 72 hours before your arrival in the United States. This will speed up the process upon arrival.
- Travel insurance : As with European travelers, it’s a good idea to purchase travel insurance to protect yourself in the event of health problems or trip cancellation.
Be sure to check the latest travel requirements as these may change. By following these guidelines, you should be set for a successful trip to Las Vegas from Europe or Canada. Have a good trip !
Taxes and tipping in Las Vegas
How much to tip?
When visiting Las Vegas, it’s important to understand how taxes and tipping work because it’s an integral part of the experience. Here’s what you need to know about taxes and tipping in Las Vegas:
- Las Vegas charges a sales tax on most goods and services. The current sales tax rate is approximately 8.38%, but it may vary by region. Be sure to take this tax into account when shopping and dining.
- Tipping is an essential part of the service culture in Las Vegas. It is common to tip for various services, such as restaurant meals, bar drinks, valet parking, porters, hairdressers, etc.
- For restaurant meals, it is customary to tip approximately 15-20% of the total bill. Be sure to check your bill, as some restaurants automatically include a service gratuity for large groups.
- In casino hotels, it is common to tip employees who provide you with services, whether for baggage delivery, housekeeping or concierge. A tip of a few dollars is appropriate.
- When gambling in casinos, it is customary to tip the staff if you receive free drinks. A tip of $1 to $2 per drink is common.
Keep in mind that tipping is an important source of income for many workers in Las Vegas, so be generous when the service is good.
In summary, when visiting Las Vegas, remember to include sales taxes in your expenses and be prepared to tip for the services you receive. This helps make your stay enjoyable and supports workers in the tourism industry.
Getting married in Las Vegas
Tips for getting married in Las Vegas
How to get married in Las Vegas: tips for Europeans and Canadians
Getting married in Las Vegas is a dream for many couples, whether for a romantic and intimate ceremony or an extravagant celebration. Here’s a guide for Europeans and Canadians looking to get married in the entertainment capital of the world:
- Obtain a marriage visa: to get married in Las Vegas, European nationals generally do not require a marriage visa. However, it is essential to bring valid identification documents, such as a passport, to prove your identity.
- Marriage license: before getting married in Las Vegas, you must obtain a marriage license from the Clark County Marriage Bureau. Requirements may vary, so be sure to check specific details before your trip.
- Wedding ceremony: Las Vegas offers a variety of wedding chapels, from elegant to casual. You can opt for a traditional ceremony or a unique theme that suits your style. It is advisable to book in advance.
- Witnesses: usually two adult witnesses are required to attend the ceremony. Some wedding venues can provide witnesses if necessary.
- The benches: before you get married, you will need to have the benches published, which involves obtaining the marriage license and following the bench publication procedures, by going to the County Court House in Clark County.
- Valid passport: canadians traveling to Las Vegas to get married will need to present a valid passport as proof of identification.
- Marriage license: as with Europeans, you will need to obtain a marriage license in Las Vegas. Be sure to check specific details for Canadians.
- Witnesses: you will need witnesses for your ceremony. As with Europeans, some wedding venues can provide witnesses if necessary.
- Legalization in Canada: after your wedding in Las Vegas, you will need to have your marriage legally recognized in Canada. This may require additional steps, so check with the Canadian government.
- The banns: for canadians getting married in Las Vegas, the priority is to obtain the marriage license according to the rules of Clark County, Nevada, rather than worrying about the publication of banns.
Getting married in Las Vegas can be an exciting and memorable experience. However, it is essential to follow all legal regulations and requirements to make your marriage official. Either way, whether your wedding is a simple or extravagant affair, Las Vegas offers a variety of options to make your special day truly unique.
Where to eat in Las Vegas
Sin city’s best restaurants
During my trip to Las Vegas, I discovered 11 average restaurants located in the bustling Strip and Fremont Street areas. I want to share with you my unique culinary experience by offering you a practical guide to enjoying delicious meals without breaking the bank. Average prices range from $20 to $40 on the Strip and $15 to $30 on Fremont Street. So, dear travelers, get ready to savor unforgettable gastronomic experiences in the fabulous City of Lights!
Where to eat in Las Vegas? Strip:
- My friend Gabi: located in Paris Las Vegas, this restaurant offers a magnificent view of the Bellagio fountain. Average prices vary between $20 and $30 per person.
- Shake Shack: If you’re looking for good, fast food, this burger restaurant is a great option. Average prices vary between $10 and $20 per person.
- Giada: Celebrity Italian chef Giada De Laurentiis’ restaurant is one of the most popular on the Strip. Average prices vary between $30 and $50 per person.
- Hash House A Go Go: This restaurant serves generous portions of classic American dishes. Average prices vary between $20 and $30 per person.
- The Buffet at Wynn: If you’re looking for a quality buffet, look no further than the one at Wynn. Average prices vary between $30 and $50 per person.
Where to eat in Las Vegas? Fremont Street:
- Le Thai: This restaurant serves delicious Thai cuisine at affordable prices. Average prices vary between $10 and $20 per person.
- Pizza Rock: This restaurant serves a variety of tasty pizzas at reasonable prices. Average prices vary between $15 and $25 per person.
- Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse: This steakhouse is one of the best in town and offers an unforgettable dining experience. Average prices vary between $50 and $100 per person.
- Triple George Grill: This restaurant serves classic American cuisine at affordable prices. Average prices vary between $20 and $30 per person.
- La Comida: This Mexican restaurant offers a variety of delicious dishes at affordable prices. Average prices vary between $15 and $25 per person.
Eating in Las Vegas – Upscale Restaurants:
If you’re looking for a more upscale dining experience, here are three restaurants I highly recommend:
- Joel Robuchon: this French restaurant is located in the MGM Grand hotel and offers gourmet cuisine created by the famous Michelin-starred chef Joël Robuchon. The dishes are presented artistically and the ingredients are of the highest quality. The tasting menu is a must-try, with nine exquisite dishes for $445 per person.
- Guy Savoy: With an elegant and refined ambiance, this restaurant is famous for its high-quality French cuisine. The dishes offered are prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients. Average prices for a three-course dinner are around $150 per person.
- SW Steakhouse: Located in the Wynn hotel and casino, this restaurant offers a luxurious ambiance and a view of the establishment’s artificial lake. Average prices for a full meal range between $100 and $200.
It’s important to note that these upscale restaurants often require formal dress and advance reservations. Enjoy your culinary stay in Las Vegas!
Here is this page, written with passion, which took me a lot of time to develop. I sincerely hope that it will be of great help to you in finding all the necessary information before leaving for your dream trip to Las Vegas, the famous Sin City.